8/5/13

Vanilla Protein Cake with Strawberry Icing and MIMM #1

It's Monday. I'm back to work for the first time in 2.5 months. DESSERT=NECESSARY!


Have you ever seen anything more delicious looking in your life? And trust me, it tasted exactly as good as it looks.

Before we get to this delicious baby's recipe, I am going to do my first edition of Marvelous In My Monday. I think it's fair to say that for most people, Monday is the lamest day of the week. You just got two full days off, got to sleep in, and on Monday you go back with the knowledge that you have a full week ahead of you again. It's not that great.

Marvelous In My Monday is a great link up that allows bloggers to feature their weekend highlights and talk about some things that are making their Mondays marvelous. I've been watching other bloggers post these for awhile but this is my first time jumping in. With all the problems going on over here I really think it is a good idea for me to take some time to talk and think about things that I'm grateful for and the things that make my life such a wonderful one. It could ALWAYS be worse! I've been hearing that over and over for the last week from all my supporters but really, it's true. Things could always be worse, and I have a lot to be thankful for. I'll make this MIMM short and sweet so that you can get on to the best part of this post, the CAKE recipe! :)

Marvelous In My Monday is (hosted by Katie at Healthy Diva Eats)...


1) My family in Tucson, which is these guys:




I have no idea how I would be a sane person right now through all of the issues life keeps piling on in the last week without Steven and Rodney. Steven's so incredibly supportive and lets me talk his ear off, and Rodney is there to cuddle me and give me unconditional love, which is like, the best thing ever.

2) Double rainbows after a monsoon


3) CLOTHES...specifically Ellie workout clothes and polka dot skirts from Forever21


4) And finally.....this cake beauty. Please make this and bask in the heaven that is a healthy protein cake. Let me know how you like it if you try it!


Vanilla Protein Cake
2 egg whites
1 tbsp Greek Yogurt 
1 scoop Vanilla Protein
1/4 cup oat flour
1 tbsp Truvia
Splash of almond milk

Put in mug (or bowl). Pop in the microwave for 2 minutes. All done :)

Icing
1 large strawberry
1 spoonful low fat cottage cheese
1 tbsp almond milk
1/2 tbsp Truvia
Sprinkles (optional)

Pop icing ingredients in blender or food processor. Top cake with icing and devour!
Photobucket

7 comments:

  1. That mug cake looks phenomenal! I actually don't think I've ever seen anything more delicious looking! Can't wait to make it :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is great! Let me know if you try it :)

      Delete
  2. I don't normally like strawberry things, but that protein cake looks yummy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's amazing! I'm thinking of playing with the icing next time...maybe blueberries instead of strawberries? Or just vanilla protein with cottage cheese? I feel like it's so versatile!

      Delete