8/9/13

Spinach Salad With Goat Cheese and Avacado

Well another week gone! Today is the kids' second day back to school. Yesterday was really good! I just feel a little overwhelmed right now with getting everything ready to start content on Monday. I'm ready for the weekend! I hope you all had a great week :)

I haven't been able to cook much this week, but I have been making this lunch for the last three days and it. Is. So. GOOD! I got this salad recipe on Pinterest and adapted it a little. Try it, love it. I keep forgetting to take a picture of it, but here's the picture I pinned, which is what attracted me in the first place because it just looks soooo super delicious!


Spinach Salad with Chicken, Avocado and Goat Cheese:

 8 cups chopped spinach (1 bag) 
1 cup halved cherry or pear tomatoes 
1/2 cup corn (frozen, canned, or cut off the cob)
1 1/2 cups chopped cooked chicken
1 large avocado (sliced)
1/3 cup crumbled goat or feta cheese
1/4 cup toasted pine nuts (I used sunflower seeds and a handful of Tuscan summer nut mix from Naturebox)

DRESSING: 3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar, 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard, salt and freshly ground black pepper

SO YUMMY! I've been o.d.ing (is that correct?) on goat cheese this week..in salads, omelets, you name it. It's just so creamy. Can't get enough.

On a side note, anyone an American Horror Story fan? I was obsessed with season 1 and finally bit the bullet and bought season 2 because I couldn't wait for Netflix to get it. I'm on Ep.5 and it's just so good! 

Thanks to everyone who has been supporting my Facebook page! I so appreciate it. I love to write anyway and the blog helps me keep all my recipes together, but it's super awesome knowing that others are actually reading it too.

Also, I've been working out from home this week due to my schedule going from nothing to packed in a matter of one day. Tomorrow I'll post what I did this week. :) Happy Friday!

Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. You can never get enough goat cheese! Except that my stomach hates me when I eat it...I don't care, it's too good! Salad looks awesome :)

    ReplyDelete