8/18/13

PB&J Oats and MIMM #3

Aaaand Monday is back again! Luckily for me, it's that time of year again! By "that time" I mean "time to teach The Hunger Games to my kiddos"!!! Absolutely love teaching this book and I'm so excited to introduce it to my new group of students.

Monday also means another Marvelous In My Monday!! Thanks to Katie for hosting.

Marvelous In My Monday is....

1) Nights out with my coworkers! Was so excited to go to The Wreck (best country bar ever) with Sadia and Erin. It was a great night :)


2) Amazing sunsets in Tucson

3) Self explanitory

4) Quality time with the bf. We laughed a LOT this weekend..especially while watching Home Alone 2 and Vegas Vacation.

5) These PB&J Oats


PB&J Oats
1/3 cup oats
1/3 cup egg whites
1/4 cup almond milk (or water)
1 tbsp sugar free jam (I used blueberry; that's why my oats look so weird)
2 strawberries, chopped up
1 tbsp natural peanut butter (or any nut butter)
1/3 tbsp Stevia (or your choice of sweetener)

Instructions
Bring oats and almond milk to a boil on the stove. Let cook for about 7 minutes. Once milk has soaked up into the oats and is almost gone, add egg whites. Let cook until oats start to pull off of the sides of the pan. Add jam and strawberries to pan and stir. Add Stevia. Take oats off the stove. Put the PB in the microwave for about 20 seconds to make it nice and melted. Pour PB on oats. DEVOUR.
___________________________________________________________

This was my first time trying the whole "egg whites in oats" thing. It was OK. I didn't really taste them but I don't think I let them cook long enough. Either way, these oats tasted amazing and I loved every second of eating them :)

I hope you are all having a fantastic Monday! Riddle me this: how do you perk yourself up on Mondays? What motivates you to get up and out of bed and moving for the week?


What are you going to do today to get moving? I am going to do a 30 minute at home workout for my exercise today. Good times! Get up and go!!

Photobucket

5 comments:

  1. those oats look delicious! i'm a big fan of oats, overnight oats, oats in general. :)

    i always get the weekend blues come sunday. i like to take the time to meal prep (even if i only have time to prep a day or two), and pick my monday outfit out. silly, but i like to test new style ideas out or wear something i just bought on mondays because it give me something to look forward to. it's the little things i guess.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES I love oats as well! I'm the same with my outfits too! Putting on something cute is great motivation for Mondays :)

      Delete
  2. Love the quote at the end! It's so important to remember that any of your fitness idols had to first start somewhere and you can do it too!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Getting up and going is the hardest part but I find once I start, I just can't stop. So actually I think the question for me is how do I slow down? The oats sound interesting. I have to admit I've never seen them with egg whites before!

    ReplyDelete