8/18/13

Liebster Award

Good afternoon, all! I hope everyone is having a good weekend.

My weekend got even better this morning when I saw that I had been nominated for a Liebster Award by Katie@Sweat Often Live Happy!

What's a Liebster Award? Yeah, I didn't know either! I had never heard of it before, but now that I'm a little more informed, I'm excited to be a part of it.

The Liebster Award highlights blogs that have less than 200 followers. It's a way to give recognition to new and upcoming blogs and to spread the love. Thank you so much Katie for nominating me; I appreciate it!! 

After receiving the nomination, the blogger must:
1. Acknowledge the nominating blogger;

2. Share 11 random facts about yourself;
3. Answer 11 questions the nominating blogger has created for you;
4. List 11 bloggers who have less than 200 followers (as best as you can tell based on the info provided!). They should be bloggers that you believe deserve some recognition and a little blogging love!
5. Post 11 questions for the bloggers that you nominated to answer; and
6. Let all of the bloggers know that they've been nominated.  You cannot nominate the blogger that nominated you.
________________________________________________________________________

So here I go! 11 Facts About Me...

1. I've known I wanted to be a teacher since I was a kid. Pretty much the only thing I enjoyed in school was reading/English and at a pretty young age I knew I wanted to incorporate that into my job.

2. I spent my entire life hating dogs, and pretty much animals in general. Two years ago, after meeting Steven's cousin Megan and her little weenie Beanie, I knew I had to get a little doxie of my own. Now I'm a crazy dog person. People change :)

3. I've been interested in health and fitness since college, but everything really took off for me when I became a Tone It Up Member. For me that was sort of my wake up moment, and most importantly, my introduction to clean eating.


4. I have an obsession with Tim Curry in Rock Horror Picture Show. The makeup, tights, heels, his voice......I can't get enough.

5. I had never left the Midwest or flown on a plane until I was 20 years old, and my first trip out of the Midwest was to Tucson, which is where I now live!

6. Speaking of traveling, I WILL live in San Diego one day. It's been a dream of mine for almost four years now.

7. My now boyfriend is the brother of one of my sorority sisters/best friends from college :)

8. I have to plug my nose when I go underwater...25 and still have not mastered breathing out of my nose.

9. One of my guilty pleasures is Eminem songs...in high school me and my friend Kristina used to listen to Eminem's albums over and over and memorize the words....I can sing quite a few word for word. It's a talent.

10. I've never seen any of the Back to the Future movies.

11. My dream/goal is to eventually work for myself as a personal trainer through my blog/future website. Some of my favorite bloggers are doing that right now and I want that career for myself one day.
_______________________________________________________________

11 questions I was asked to answer by Katie:

1. What is your favourite music to listen to when working out? 
It's a toss up between 80's music (Madonna, Cyndi Lauper) and rap.

2. Why did you start your blog?
I would post pictures of the clean food I was making and people would ask me for my recipes. I started it as a recipe file, but now it's grown into much more, and I have big plans/dreams for the future.

3. Do you have any fitness goals for this year?
My fitness goal for this year was to become a certified personal trainer, and to enter a 5K. So far I have done three 5Ks, and signed up for 3 more, and I am currently taking the class to become a personal trainer!

4. What is your favourite thing to wear?
Dresses!! Always, dresses. Every day all day.

5. Is there anything you wish you could change about yourself?
I would change the fact that I come off as kind of bitchy at first...I've been told my "neutral" face doesn't look very happy haha...I'm really shy around people I don't know but I guess it comes off as something else, although I don't mean it to. In the last few years I've gotten better at being a little more outgoing around new people but I still have work to do!

6. What is/was your favourite subject in school?
MATH. I hate math. 

7. What/who motivates you?
My boyfriend motivates me a lot. Steven is a quadriplegic and seeing the things that he can deal with on a daily basis pushes me to get over my issues and strive for more. My parents are also huge motivators, even if they don't know it. I want to make them proud. 

8. What is your favourite type of food?
Sweets! Cake. Cupcakes. Pie. Milkshakes. I could go on for days, but I really love sweet stuff. Eating clean has curbed a lot of my cravings but I'll always have a sweet tooth.

9. What are 3 things on your bucket list?
Live in San Diego, Attend a murder mystery theater dinner, and meet a famous celebrity. No, I really have never met anyone famous, unless you count when I was in 6th grade seeing Brandy at the Nike Factory in Chicago, which is debatable.

10. Are you craving anything right now?
A workout! I'm headed to the gym after this :)

11. What is your favourite holiday?
Thanksgiving. I love being surrounded by family, eating eating eating, and continuing our family tradition of taking naps, watching Christmas Vacation, and playing Password. Since I've moved to Tucson we have been spending Thanksgiving with Steven's aunt/uncle/cousin and their family in San Diego, and then usually spending a day at the beach and relaxing. Thanksgiving for the win!
________________________________________________________________________

11 Bloggers I nominate:
1. Davida@The Healthy Maven
2. Elizabeth@Rose Gold Buttercream
3. Ashleigh@Daily Cup of Ashee JoJo
4. Brittany@My Own Balance
5. Erinn and Misty@Strawberry Blondetourage
6. Kim@Running On Good
7. Cori@Olive To Run
8. Sarah@How My World Runs
9. Ashley@Coffee and Macaroons
10. Alyson@Cake Sweat
11. Kylee@The Glass Slipper Confessions
________________________________________________________________________

11 Questions for My Nominated Bloggers:
1. If you could live anywhere other than where you are right now, where would you live?
2. What's your guilty pleasure?
3. What is one goal you have for your future?
4. What is your favorite recipe that you have posted on your blog? If you don't post many recipes, what is your favorite post that you have written?
5. What is your favorite vacation spot?
6. What is one of your favorite hobbies?
7. What is your greatest accomplishment to date?
8. What made you want to start a blog?
9. Chocolate or vanilla?
19. What is your favorite book? (Or magazine, or blog to read, if you don't read many books)
11. How did you become interested in aspects of healthy living (fitness, healthy foods, running, etc)?
________________________________________________________________________

Thank you again Katie for nominating me! I appreciate it so much. At first I didn't understand what it was and was a little skeptical because it seemed chain-lettery, but really, why not? It's a great way to spread the love, and it was just nice to see that someone liked my content enough to A) want to know more about me and B) wanted to share it with others. It was really fun to read Katie's questions and answers, complete my own, and I checked out her other nominees and found some fantastic new blogs to follow :) So, go check out the 11 great girls above! I hope everyone enjoys their last few moments of freedom before it's back to the grind tomorrow!

Photobucket

12 comments:

  1. You're so sweet!!! Thank you for the nomination Paige :) So fun learning more about you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. New to your blog!
    I LOVE Eminem! He's my main jam when I lift and run- guilty pleasure for sure!!
    I love dresses. I have two piles in my wardrobe- dresses and workout clothes. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!! Haha he is the BEST....so motivating!! Yes your closet sounds just like mine :)

      Delete
  3. THANK YOU for the nomination!! I can't wait to check out some new blogs, and get all my answers up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much for nominating me! I love sweets too! :) My favorite are gummy fruit candies. Love your blog! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome! YES I have the worst sweet tooth :/

      Delete
  5. I love that you want to go to a murder mystery dinner theater, that sounds like so much fun! I also thought it sounded a little chain-lettery when I was nominated but I found some great new blogs from it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are really awesome! I am still working on my responses and have been super rude in not writing you back. I am so sorry!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete