8/1/13

Lean Legs Circuit

Thank you all SO much for the positive wishes yesterday....I really appreciate the support and it definitely helps in times like this.

Speaking of support....my boyfriend is the best! He came home with these yesterday and a super sweet message in the card. So nice.

                                         

On the agenda for today: a nice little leg pyramid! I am going to start putting up some of my circuits and workouts that I do at home, per some requests. 

On Saturday I made myself do this legs pyramid to try and burn off a little steam. This is a great workout to really wear out your legs!

I did 45 seconds on and 15 seconds off for each exercise and went through the pyramid twice. I used an interval timer app on my iPhone. There are quite a few of these and most are free, which is fantastic! You can go through the pyramid however many times you want! If you aren't sure about an exercise, Google it, YouTube it, or comment/email me and I would be more than happy to explain.


Whew! Try to see how many reps you can get each time you go through, and then you can compare it to the next time you do it.


These are my stats for today which I'm really proud of! I'm on W10 of James Wilson's Body Earned (amazing program, if you want info send me an email or comment). I have a really rough time burning calories by lifting weights. Weights have changed my body and my outlook on fitness, but unfortunately because of my height, weight, and body composition I struggle with the calorie burn. It's definitely not the end of the world but it makes days like this, where I hit close to 400, awesome victories! 

I felt SO much better after working out today. Steven even took me to Whole Foods and I stocked up on my special items. We also went to Coppenhagen warehouse and looked at some furniture, and ran a few other errands. It was nice to just spend some time together and it kind of took my mind off things.



On a random side note, I got my first Birchbox yesterday!! I am thrilled! In case you don't know, Birchbox is a monthly subscription box (can you tell I'm addicted to these?!) that sends you beauty products. These bobby pins are my favorite thing I got...they're so cute and I thought they made the back of my "messy bun" look super adorable.


Another day done, another day closer to starting work....adfjioajewoifj!! I dread. But I'm also excited...such is life.

Hope you had a fantastic Wednesday and Thursday is treating you well too.

What's your favorite at-home workout to do? Where do you get yours? I made the one above myself but I often go to Pinterest for ideas.

2 comments:

  1. i follow beachbody programs, run outside and also run trails on the weekend.

    i do doubles, so i do interval lifting and then do HIIT cardio.

    -kathy @ Vodka and Soda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I LOVE trails! Such a great way to exercise and enjoy the outdoors at the same time :)

      Delete