8/13/13

Healthy Tuna Salad

Helloooo Tuesday. Thank goodness Monday is done and over with! It was a LONG day. After work I had a friend drop me off at the gym and hitched a ride home with my boyfriend. We got home a little after seven. This is SUPER late for me, but early for Steven. It was laaaame. I still had meals to prep, a shower to take, homework for my NASM class and lessons to finish. There seriously aren't enough hours in the day. Thankfully that's not my normal get-home time..I don't know how he does it.

Anyway, here was my post-workout dinner! Tuna salad has been one of my favorite meals for pretty much my whole life. Until I was about 18 the only thing I would eat from Subway, which we would go to often after basketball/volleyball/softball/track/gymnastics, was a tuna salad sandwich. Here is a way to enjoy that typically mayo slathered meal without feeling guilty!





Healthy Tuna Salad
1 can tuna
1/4 cup Greek yogurt
1/2 tbsp veganaisse or natural mayo (optional)
garlic, salt, pepper
Tomato
Avocado
Hot sauce
Celery

(I put mine on Ezekiel bread and munch on it with a sweet potato covered in almond butter!)



This is a perfect post-workout snack, or even a quick lunch to make. It was so delicious! The hot sauce and avocado made it for me, but you could go without if you wanted.



I loooove this outfit I wore to work yesterday! Of course, cardigan and dress are both from Modcloth. They reallly have the best stuff. Also the clouds yesterday morning=perfection.


My watch and necklaces never leave me!



New Ellie top from their July collection...makes working out so much more fun :)

What is your favorite go-to meal after your workout? What is your favorite store to shop at?
Photobucket

6 comments:

  1. That Ellie tank is so cute! I also have found some great workout gear at Target...

    I nixed the mayonnaise in tuna salad years ago and there's no going back for me! I actually much prefer the yogurt to the mayonnaise. Next time I am definitely adding avocado to my tuna sandwich!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I love Ellie and Target is great too! I just love mayo...I can't completely cut it out but a little veganaise every now and then is perfect.

      Delete
  2. ooo, loving that tank!!

    Jen@HealthyFoodandFamily

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay, I had never thought of putting almond butter on a sweet potato but it sound AMAZING!!! I do frequently mix Greek yogurt into tuna though. That, a little seasoning, and you're good to go!

    My favorite thing period lately is plain nonfat Greek yogurt, a little cocoa powder, honey, and blueberries. Heaven. Just heaven! If it follows a workout, like it did tonight, even better!

    My favorite store... well, it used to be NY & Co when I needed nice work clothes, but now that my job involves being a pro gym rat (teaching), I'm all about workout clothes pretty much all the time.

    Now I need an avocado stat. And that sweet potato and almond butter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I KNOW RIGHT I hadn't either but I keep seeing it on James Wilson's Body Earned fan page on Facebook so I finally tried it and it totally delivered!

      Your Greek yogurt treat sounds so yum! I'm definitely going to try it out this week!

      LOVE NY&Co...they have great stuff and also have a good teacher discount that I like to take advantage of :)

      Delete