8/17/13

Green Summer Smoothie

Saturday!!! The weekend is FINALLY here! I'll make this short and sweet. 

Thursday after I did my workout I knew it was time for a smoothie. I. Miss. Smoothies. I kind of stopped making them when I started James Wilson's Body Earned program because I was counting my macros and the sugar count in my smoothies was terrifying. However, I've been craving them so I wanted to make a fruit-less (less fruit....I still used a banana!!) smoothie. I made this one and AJiojJIEHIUHERIOIUGE it's deliciousssssss!! It's my new go-to.

Green Summer Smoothie
1 frozen banana
1 very large handful spinach
1/2 avocado
1 tbsp honey
1 cup almond milk
One packet of Vega protein powder (or any protein powder)
Ice cubes




Try it. Love it. Tell me all about it :) What are you up to this Saturday? Last night I went out with some coworkers, and today we are meeting up with friends for a pool party/BBQ. I also have a LOT of studying to do for my NASM exam! Happy Saturday...make it a good one :)

Photobucket

5 comments:

  1. Yum!!! I'm eating (with a spoon!) a smoothie right now. Mine actually isn't far off from yours. Always a banana :) I threw in some spinach and pistachios too. Super good. Wish I had an avo on hand. They make smoothies so creamy and delicious!

    Happy Saturday Paige :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES always have to have a banana! It makes the smoothie. Pistachios sound like SUCH a good idea! I'll definitely have to try that out. Thanks Davida happy Saturday to you too :)

      Delete
  2. This looks really good! I make green smoothies a lot (typically banana, blueberries, spinach, almond milk, protein powder, and chia seeds), but have never put avocado in them. That is an interesting idea. Will give it a try sometime!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That smoothie combo sounds amazing! I've never tried avocado before either and it's definitely a staple now...it made my smoothie so creamy!

      Delete
  3. That looks so yummy! I'll have to try adding avocado to one of my smoothies.

    I've nominated you for a Liebster Award! Check out the post on my blog for more info. Congrats, you deserve it :) http://sweatoftenlivehappy.wordpress.com/2013/08/18/liebster-award/

    ReplyDelete