8/29/13

Sweet and Spicy Salad

Salads have come back into my life with a vengeance! This summer I didn't really eat any except at restaurants because I was eating one every day during the school year for lunch. However, now that school is back in session I've been packing one again every day! They're so easy to make the night before and so easy to eat at school when you only get 15 minutes to scarf down your food...and I don't need to use the microwave!

I've been eating this salad beast every day for the last week or so and I seriously think it's my favorite! And that's saying a lot...I eat quite a few salads :) Try this one out for your lunch or a nice big dinner!

Sweet and Spicy Salad
1 cup spinach
1 cup romaine lettuce
1 hard boiled egg, sliced
3 strawberries
1 cup chicken breast
1 handful almonds (I used tamari almonds)
1 handful chickpeas (I used spicy lime chipotle baked chickpeas)
1/2 red pepper, diced
1 shake of chipotle chile seasoning
1 shake goat cheese

Dressing
Lemon Juice
Dijon mustard
Red wine vinegar
Olive oil
Agave (or honey)
Garlic seasoning



SOOOOOO YUM!!! The combination of the chipotle chickpeas and chile seasoning mixed with the strawberries and agave dressing is just perfection. It's got a little kick but smooths over at the same time. I got the lime chipotle chickpeas from my Foodie Pen Pal box this month, and she got them from Sprouts, but I'm going to be recreating them next week at home because it seems extremely easy to make!

How is your Thursday going? Any exciting plans for Labor Day Weekend? I am meeting up with the Tone It Up Phoenix girls to go to a spin class then Brunch and True Foods and I couldn't be more excited!!!

Photobucket

9 comments:

  1. Chipotle seasoning in a salad is so smart! I definitely need to try that.

    I'm headed to montreal for the long weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Salad sounds AHmazing!! Must try it sometime!
    My weekend plans include working, working and Holiday pay!! Enjoy your weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum! I'll be on the lookout for you creating the lime chipotle chickpeas! That sounds awesome!

    Weekend plans for me... my inlaws came into town last night, and my husband's aunt, uncle, and their little girl, will be here in a couple of hours. Only one class to teach and then we will be having fun!

    Enjoy your weekend too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds like a great weekend...I hope you had fun :)

      Delete
  4. OO Now this is a salad combo that I have NEVER even thought of before and usually I throw EVERYTHING into the bowl! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the "everything goes" salads...whatever's in the fridge :)

      Delete
  5. This salad looks so good! I would never have thought of this combination but it sounds amazing! I love the strawberries and agave with the chipotle seasoning. I love having salads for lunch but I hate doing the prep work before hand! Lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES it was the best I've ever made. Totally agree with the prep thing though!

      Delete