8/23/13

Chocolate Marzipan Smoothie

Friday is finally here! Thank heavens. As a reward to you, for making it all through the week, I give you this chocolate marzipan smoothie, aka the best smoothie I've ever tasted. I have gone to bed the last three nights thanking God for bringing me this smoothie. Why? Because it LITERALLY tastes like a glass full of chocolate almond butter. No joke. MAKE IT. DRINK IT.


Chocolate Marzipan Smoothie
  • 2 Cups Almond Milk
  • 1 mango chopped or 1 cup frozen mango chunks
  • ¼ Cup of Almonds
  • 5 Tablespoons of cocoa powder (or 3 tbsp and 1 scoop chocolate protein powder)
  • ¼ to ½ cup of dates or date syrup or another sweetener to taste
  • OPTIONAL (I used all 3)
  • 2 Tablespoons of almond butter
  • 1 Cup of Oats
  • 1 Cup of Spinach (You can’t taste it at all, honestly)
Blend until smooth! 
________________________________________________________________________

Seriously, I love this. It sounds weird with spinach, mango, chocolate, and almonds, but it just tastes like a huge spoonful of Justin's chocolate almond butter.

What did you all do for exercise today? 
I did this awesome functional workout from Julie at PB Fingers. It was fantastic! 

Make this smoothie. Enjoy your weekend. Get up and get moving!


Photobucket

4 comments:

  1. that smoothie sounds delicious! i'm not gonna lie, i read marzipan and immediately though of godiva's dark chocolate marzipan. drool...

    i went to bikram last night, and boy did i sweat my booty off! it's such a refreshing feeling though.

    today it's legs and shoulders day, but i think i need a good rolling sesh first to work out the kinks in my legs. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahhhhhh Godiva...can't go wrong there. I've never been to bikram before but I've heard amazing things! That sounds awesome. :)

      Delete
  2. This sounds wonderful!!! I love mango in my smoothie and spinach too! People get so freaked out but you really can't taste it! Happy weekend Paige :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Completely agree! Hope your weekend was great too!

      Delete