8/2/13

Chipotle Sweet Potato Salad

I. Love. Sweet. Potatoes. 

Seriously.

I eat sweet potatoes every single day! Roasted, boiled, mashed, diced, covered in salsa, greek yogurt, or in brown sugar and coconut butter. Sweet potatoes are the BEST! 

Some quick reasons you should eat a sweet potato today:

1)What up healthy carbs!
2) Chock full of vitamins; some of which include B6, C, and D
3) Great source of iron

There are tons of other benefits but I'm just ready to give you this recipe because you're going to love it! I think this is one of my favorite things I've made.

I got and adapted the reicpe from Jenn at Peas and Crayons


Chipotle Sweet Potato Salad
1 sweet potato
approx 1/4 cup of smoky chipotle aoli [recipe below]
1/4 cup chopped red bell pepper 
1/2 tsp of dried cilantro 
1/8 tsp of paprika
1/8 tsp chipotle chile pepper

Chipotle Aoli
1/4 cup plain greek yogurt
1/2 tbsp veganaise (or all natural mayo)
1 tsp sriracha
1 tsp EVOO
1 tsp parsley
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1/2 tsp garlic powder

Cube your sweet potato and boil on the stove for about 10-12 minutes. Mix the aoli while waiting for sweet potato to boil.

Drain the cubes, put in boll, and toss in aoli. Toss with cilantro and paprika! Enjoy :)





Bonus double recipe day!
After my home workout that I did today, (workout will be up tomorrow), I had this great Chocolate PB shake with a secret ingredient (sort of).............................

Frozen banana! I almost always add bananas to my smoothies, but lately I've been freezing them first! It gives the smoothies a frosty-like texture, nice, thick, and frothy! 

Chocolate PB Smoothie
Frozen banana cut into chunks (before freezing!)
1 tbsp natural or organic peanut butter
1 scoop chocolate protein powder
1 cup unsweetened almond milk
3 ice cubes (optional)
Cute straw! (necessary)


It's Friiiiday! Another week all done. Times flies, people. Things are looking up over here but not quite back to normal. I'm working on it. After a week I'm finally starting to feel a little better. I credit a lot of it to the support I'm getting, whether it's from blog friends, friends, or close family members. Thanks bunches :)

Finally, I'm super excited to be participating in my first Friday Blog Hop with one of my favorite blogs, I Don't Go To The Gym! These two girls have amazing clean recipes and tons of home workouts. Their blog is all about staying fit and healthy without spending hours at the gym. Hop on over to their blog and check them out, and also check out the hundreds of other healthy blogs joining in!

Enjoy your Friday and your weekend :)

I Don't Go to the Gym Blog Hop

3 comments:

  1. Oh yes yum!! Huge sweet potato fan as well :) Thanks for the recipes!

    blog hopper!

    ReplyDelete