8/27/13

Cheesecake Cake Batter Protein Shake

Hola chicas! (And chicos)

Tuesday it is. Today I'm off to get a LOT done at work. I have lessons to make and meetings to go to. At the end of the school year last year I was blessed by being asked to take over the Washington D.C. 8th grade trip! Our history teacher has done it for 13 (I think) years and wanted to pass the torch. SO! I have a ton of planning to do to get started. Taking 20+ 8th graders across the country for a week is no small task :)

I have been on a huge smoothie kick lately. For about 7 months last year I had a smoothie every single day for breakfast. They're so easy to make and easy to take on the go, and there are millions of different smoothies to make!! At the end of the school year I started counting macros so smoothies kind of went out the door for awhile. However, the last couple of weeks I've gone back to just sticking to clean eating and not worrying about my macros, and smoothies have made the occasional post workout afternoon appearance.

Last week I knew I wanted to make something similar to my cake batter protein shake but wasn't sure where to start. I started grabbing stuff and throwing it in the mixer and this delicious little beauty was created :) The mixture of Greek yogurt and cottage cheese made it so super creamy and smooth. Cheers!


Cheesecake Protein Smoothie
1/2 cup lowfat cottage cheese
1 large spoonful Greek yogurt
1 handful oats
1.5 tbsp Cheesecake sugar free/fat free Jello pudding mix (dry)
5 ice cubes
1/2 cup almond milk
1 scoop vanilla protein powder
1 drop butter extract
1/2 tbsp Stevia (optional for extra sweetness)


I hope you enjoy this smoothie as much as I did! It's the perfect sweet tooth killer...tastes indulgent, but is just all goodness :) Have a fantastic day!

Leave a Comment: What's your favorite smoothie to make?

Photobucket

8 comments:

  1. Brilliant idea to add jello mix to your smoothie! This sounds awesome :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love smoothies as well! your pics are making me hungry. i will have to make this soon.

    call me a plain jane, but my favorite smoothie to make is a banana peanut butter protein smoothie. i use a frozen banana, bettern' peanut butter, vanilla protein powder and a dash of almond milk. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES! That's what I had for breakfast this morning :) I like making new smoothies but my favorites are the simpler ones!

      Delete
  3. I never thought about putting jello pudding mix into a smoothie but it makes total sense! I made a really yummy smoothie recently out of bananas, cacao powder, almond milk and cashew butter. It was delish! I love smoothies but sometimes they stress me out in the morning! Lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahhhh that sounds so amazing!! Yeah I hate having to clean out the blender haha!

      Delete