8/15/13

Buffalo Turkey Meatballs

Phew! It's Thursday and I'm sooooooo wishing it was Friday. I did a TON of studying last night for my NASM class...I'm a little more behind than what I want to be so I had to play catchup. Therefore, today is Buffalo Turkey Meatballs Recipe day, and Friday is Making Healthy Choices While Eating Out day :) Thanks for understanding.

So these turned out so good that I can't believe it! Last night Steven asked if he could have one and after biting it he said, "Wow Paige these are really good". Steven said that! It's hard to get good reviews from Mr. Architect on my healthy foods....he's hard to convert, but he liked these, so you know they have to be good.

Buffalo Turkey Meatballs
1 package ground turkey (or chicken...about 1 lb)
1 cup oats
Parsley
Dill weed
Garlic
Salt and pepper

Sauce
1 tbsp coconut oil
4 tbsp Frank's buffalo wing sauce (or preferred hot sauce)

Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Mix ingredients together for meatballs. Form into balls and put in sprayed muffin tin. Cook about 30 minutes in oven.

Mix sauce ingredients together in saucepan on stove. When meatballs are done, cook them in the sauce until completely covered.





Listen....I'm not good at taking pictures. I will be the first to admit photography isn't my thing. I don't have an eye for it and I definitely don't have a passion for it. Just trust me on this one....they might look weird, but they're DELICIOUS!

I will say this...the minute I bit into my first meatball last night all I could taste was coconut. I HATE coconut and I'm trying so hard to get used to using coconut oil but I just don't like it. So while I was eating them I made a mental note to use different oil in the next batch. However, I took 2 for lunch today and heated them up in the microwave and couldn't taste a single bit of coconut! So I guess they turned out just fine. 

Try these out! Let me know if you like them. For lunch I ate them with a sweet potato and it was perfection. 

Have a good day!
Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. YES! Love this recipe :D Turkey Balls, my favorite!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Turkey meatballs are amazing...add hot sauce? I don't think it can get any better!

      Delete