7/24/13

WIAW #2

Welcome to What I Ate Wednesday #2! I cataloged yesterday's meals. Thanks Jenn for hosting :)


M1: Protein Pancakes! I have altered the recipe and this is what I have been eating every morning for awhile now. 1/2 cup oat flour, 1 scoop Perfect Fit protein powder, 1/3 cup egg whites, 1/4 cup plain Greek yogurt, and a splash of unsweetened vanilla almond milk. Topped off with 1 scoop Body Fortress protein powder whisked with a little water.






M3: 1/2 sweet potato with Greek yogurt and salsa, and 3 chicken tenderloins cooked in strawberry BBQ sauce on the stove. On the side is healthy ranch dipping sauce! Greek yogurt mixed with 2 tsp Hidden Valley ranch seasoning.

M3: Protein shake after workout (forgot to take a picture!) Just almond milk and protein powder.


M4: Plain rice cake with 1/2 tbsp Justin's Vanilla Almond Butter


M5: Pepper pasta! I just can't stop eating this. 1 yellow bell pepper, 1 cup broccoli, 1 cup mushrooms, 1/2 cup Whole Foods 365 Roasted Vegetable Marinara Sauce

It was a good eating day!! It was kind of just a nice day in general. I left the house early and ran quite a few errands, which always makes me feel productive. I headed to the gym for leg day and got a new high on leg presses and smith machine split lunges. Awesome! When I got home I took Rodney to Petsmart to get treats and some of the Greenie cleaning bone things. I feel like such a proud parent! Every time I take Rodney there people love to play with him and dote on him. Sometimes he gets nervous but yesterday he was great. Everyone loves a weiner!!

Happy Hump Day! Tomorrow is my first of two training days at school so I'm actually a little excited just to get to school and see my room and get started. After those two days I have another week off though! I'm determined to soak it all in because I know the first day of school I'm going to be wishing for break again. 


Here's a little motivation for you today! Make it a good one :)

6 comments:

  1. I have the same paper straws. Love them! So cute. Great post! :-)
    Juli

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I know they make drinking anything so much more fun :)

      Delete
  2. Your eats look so good! Way to go on the healthy eating front!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I have a horrible sweet tooth but eating healthy makes me feel good so I guess it's worth giving up cake! And pie. And chocolate. And Reese's cups. And icing. Aaaannd cookies. Brownies. I could go on for days :)

      Delete
  3. I literally eat all the same food as you! Protein pancakes, smoothies, rice cakes with Justin's vanilla AB! I like your style ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha!! Thanks!! I like meeting people who eat the same as I do :) They just get it! Whereas my boyfriend who is obsessed with Mcdonalds doesn't.... ;)

      Delete