7/25/13

What's In My Fridge?

Hello all! Welcome Thursday. Today is my first day back to school...sort of. I have two days of training for second year teachers. I still get another week off next week but I'll get my training in, get to see a few friends (there are only a few second years this year) and peek in on my classroom and just basically get reacquainted with school. It's so weird how I've been gone for 2 months and I feel like I've completely forgotten what it's like to be a teacher! What do I even do all day every day?! What are kids like?? I don't remember. I'm sure it will all come screaming back to me once I get there :)

I'm so excited to be part of a fun link up called "What's In My Fridge?" today. You can peek into my fridge to see my diet staples and what I consistently keep in my house to eat. The link up is hosted by lovely Lea and you can head to her page to peek into other fridges as well.


I was going to take a picture of the inside of the fridge but didn't want to scare people off, so I pulled out the things that are always in there! From left to right:
-Unsweetened vanilla almond milk, Whole Foods 365 pasta sauce, strawberries, Greek yogurt, and behind that we have lovely Ezekiel products! I always have the tortillas and bread on hand.
-Next is romaine lettuce and baby spinach, feta cheese, salsa (I usually make my own but lately have been buying a fantastic brand I found at Fry's that is completely clean)
-In the back in the Tupperware with the blue lid is cooked sweet potatoes. At the beginning of each week I bake about 6 in the oven, cut them in halves and store them in the fridge so I can just pull them out each day.
-Veggies: I always have cucumber and celery for green juices, which I make just about each day. Peppers are always stocked as well.
-Next I have apples (not fridge food but the fruit holder was right there) and finally cage free eggs.

These are the things that I guess I can't live without! They are always stocked in my fridge and are staples for pretty much all of my daily meals.


I thought I'd go for it and show you some stuff from my pantry too. Again, items that are always there and when I start to get low, I bust my butt to the store to restock!

-Perfect Fit protein (I use a few different kinds but this one is great for protein pancakes, muffins, etc.)
-Albacore tuna 
-Unsweetened cocoa powder
-Natural Jif peanut butter
-Frank's buffalo sauce
-Plain rice cakes
-Flaxseed meal
-Low sodium soy sauce
-Agave nectar
-Almonds
-Oat flour
-Stevia
-Justin's Almond Butter
-Coconut oil
-And finally whole wheat pasta

When I'm low on groceries (which I definitely am right now) I know that I can always whip up SOMETHING from these items from my fridge and pantry that I keep stocked up on. Another thing that's not pictured is frozen chicken breast and also ground turkey. Those are the meats that I eat most often, save tuna, and I always have them in my freezer.



Aaand here's my lovely snack box, all stocked up with my new Quest bars that just came in, and also contents from my first Klutchbox!!! I'm doing a review on my first box tomorrow and can't wait to share this awesome healthy/vegan boxed snack service with you.


Went to see The Conjuring yesterday....I love scary movies but can't really stomach them and have trouble sleeping so it was probably a horrible decision but I did enjoy the movie...in my new Pacsun shorts :) Yesterday was my day off from the gym but I did take Rodney on a nice long walk and I know after a long day of training today I'll be ready to hit the weights.



I mean...come on. Seriously? I dare you not to fall in love with this dog. That's one thing I'm NOT looking forward to with school starting...no more morning naps and cuddle sessions with my little love bug :(

Tomorrow's Friday! Bring on the weekend!

10 comments:

  1. I am getting hungry reading all these fridge posts! Looks like you have some totally yummy staples!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have some great healthy selections! I definitely couldn't show the inside of my fridge right now either. It needs a bit of a cleaning!

    Rodney is so adorable! I could see how you would want to stay in bed and snuggle. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha I know....that's on the list for cleaning this weekend! And thank you....he's just the best cuddler in the world!!

      Delete
  3. I want a box full of quest bars! I might just have to suck up the price and order some!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I KNOW I wanted some for so long and just didn't want to spend the money on it, but last month I bought the bullet and purchased my first box and I knew immediately that I was hooked! This is my second box!

      Delete
  4. mmm, now I want what's in your fridge! I'm loving looking inside everyone's fridge's. Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've just found the Ezekial brands at one store in one of the towns near us; I can't wait to try the cereal and granola!!
    I just subscribed to a box a month called Bestowed...I'll review it soon, and am really interested in your Klutchbox :)
    Sweet little Rodney :):)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Ezekiel is the absolute best!! I've never tried the cereal or granola but sounds awesome. I've heard of Bestowed! I'm excited to see your review. Klutchbox is awesome and I really recommend it :)

      Delete