7/21/13

Weekend Highlights and Peanut Butter Balls

This weekend was awesome! And Sunday has just started :)

Yesterday I met up with some of the TIU girls in Phoenix for a RealRyder spin class. It. Was. Awesome! It was my first spin class ever! The bikes weren't stationary like a normal spin class; the bottoms were on the ground and the bikes moved left and right. It was so much fun and an awesome workout, and I'm looking forward to doing it again very soon!


Steven took me to Toby Keith's Bar and Grill last night and I was so excited! I've been wanting to go for awhile. We got dinner and then watched the band play (The Stephanie Eason Band) and watched some country dancing, and also got to see some drunk people get kicked out. Good times.

I happened to check my phone and see THIS notification!! Karena and Katrina (Tone It Up) featured our spin class picture on Instagram and Twitter!!! I was seriously freaking out...I explained to my boyfriend that I'm famous now..I don't think he gets it but if you're a TIU girl you know what I mean :)


On my way home from Phoenix yesterday I got to drive right into the monsoon that was directly over my house...boo :( It was the worst storm we've had so far this year. Our roads were washed out and the washes were flooded.


This dog....seriously....



These PB balls are one of my favorite snacks. They're a perfect pre or post workout food that will give you energy....and they taste delicious :)



PB Balls
2 cups oats
1 cup flaxseed
1 ½ cup peanut butter or
  almond butter
Cinnamon
1 ½ scoops protein powder
Drizzle of honey/agave nectar
Any add-ins that you like: dark chocolate chips, dried fruit, walnuts, almonds, etc.
Mix dry ingredients in bowl first. Then add the peanut butter/almond butter and mix thoroughly with a spoon. Wet hands and roll mixture into golf ball- sized balls. Put on tray and in refrigerator to harden.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend :) Tomorrow I'll be putting up my current workout playlist and talk a little bit about other ways to get motivated to work out!

Did you do anything fun this weekend? I'd love to hear about it :)

2 comments:

  1. Small world, my in-laws live in Scottsdale! They've been posting on Facebook about the monsoons lately.

    I make nearly the same PB recipe you listed. LOVE it!

    That spin class sounds so fun! Spin is so awesome for cardio, but I have such a hard time being stationary. That might be something I would like.

    Fun stuff for the weekend... took our son to the local Transportation Museum, but the weather was miserably hot. We were all cranky. Got a run in this morning though, so win!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah that's too funny! Yeah Az gets some crazy weather in the summer! PB balls are my favorite! They're so perfect to just grab and go..and anything with peanut butter and honey is a win in my book.

      I think you would like this spin class because we weren't stationary at all! We were constantly turning/leaning, moving up and down, forward and back. It was way more movement than I anticipated which was awesome because every time we did a turn it really worked your arms and isolated abs.

      Props on a hot run! It's so hard to do in the summer :( Heat makes outdoor activity sooo sluggishhh

      Delete