7/30/13

Quest Bar Pop Tart



Um hello...yum! I saw on Quest Bar creator Shannan's Instagram that she keeps making these Quest Bar pop tarts and I definitely wanted to try one out!

Shannan used two Quest Bars, rolled them flat, filled the middle of the first and put the second one on top, crimping the edges together with a fork and popping it in the oven. I used one QB for a few reasons: 1) QBs are kind of expensive and didn't want to use two in one day. 2) It turned out to be a lot more difficult than I was anticipating to roll these babies flat and 3) two QBs doesn't fit my macros at all! It's just too much.  So I made do with what I had :)

So I rolled one vanilla almond bar as flat as I could...I really suggesting using a rolling pin. I didn't have one so I used a glass and it didn't work as well as I was hoping. Next I hollowed out the middle as much as I could, creating a little bowl. I filled the "bowl" with 1 tbsp sugar free raspberry jam. Next I mixed 1 tbsp PB with a little vanilla protein powder. I melted it all in the toaster oven for about 30 seconds and topped with sprinkles!!

Next time I am going to top with whipped cottage cheese/protein powder/truvia icing, but this definitely hit the sweet spot! I also want to get a rolling pin and make a mini pop tart by cutting one in half. You could probably do this with many different types of protein bars.

Just a few days left until school starts back up again. Things are about to get reeeeal busy here. I started my NASM classes yesterday! I'm excited to get the ball rolling with my CPT stuff.

Hope you are all having a great Tuesday!

4 comments:

  1. That looks so good! May use one of my beloved quest bars to indulge in this treat :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks so good! I agree, I could never do one with two quest bars, but I like the idea of making a pop tart with just one bar. I've never done it, but I've heard it's much easier to roll out if you pop the quest bar in the microwave for 30 seconds or so? Don't take my word for it since I've never done it, but makes sense to me! Looks yummy :o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OK when I read this I just had an "aha" moment! DUH of course nuke it in the microwave...I do that when I eat them plain and I did it when I put the PB mix on top so of course that would help roll it out!! Wish I would have thought of that before but I'll definitely try it again this week and make a "mini" pop tart with one. Thanks :)

      Delete