7/3/13

Protein Pancakes pt.2

A fellow Body Earned member posted Little B's carob chip protein pancakes on the fbook group yesterday and I jumped all over that! Switched it up a little. Here is the original recipe!




Protein Pancakes
1/3 cup oat flour
1/4 cup Greek yogurt
2 egg whites
1 scoop vanilla protein powder (I used Perfect Fit)
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tbsp cacao nibs
2 tbsp unsweetened almond milk
Pure maple syrup for topping (I just drizzled agave nectar)

I really liked this version of protein pancakes! They were fluffier and had more of the "pancake" texture vs. the banana/egg white protein pancake recipe. I will definitely be making these again soon! And by soon I mean tonight after my workout.

I added the almond milk to the recipe...I made the original recipe and was shocked at how incredibly thick the batter was...it was more like a cookie dough than pancake. The milk thinned it out a little. I probably could have even done more like 4 tbsp but I was starving so just used 2. If 2 doesn't make it thin enough, add a little more!

*******Update******* 
Just made these again for dinner! Added 1 tbsp flaxseed meal, 1 tbsp chia seeds, and 1/4 cup almond milk instead of the 2 tbsp listed above. They were so fluffy and soft! Definitely recommend. 

Here's a little Hump Day motivation and inspiration :)


And an adorable weiner dog named Rodney to put a smile on your face!

No comments:

Post a Comment