7/6/13

Cinnamon Vanilla Protein Cake

Ah. My. God. This is officially the best thing I've ever made. This  cake is deeeeelicous and the protein frosting has kind of changed the way I'm going to eat everything. I got the recipe from the creator of Quest bars (the best protein bar on the market). Her Instagram has dozens of delicious dessert recipes, all protein packed and deliciously sweet and healthy. I'm going to try her red velvet cake recipe this week and I can't wait...based on how good the cinnamon cake was, I know the red velvet will be amazing!!

Cinnamon Vanilla Protein Cake
1/4 cup flour of choice (I used oat flour)
1/4 cup lowfat cottage cheese
1/4 cup pumpkin puree
1/4 cup egg whites
Cinnamon
1 scoop vanilla protein powder (or cinnamon bun protein powder)

Frosting
1 scoop vanilla protein powder
3 tbsp unsweetened vanilla almond milk

Pour into one bowl and microwave for 3 minutes, or separate into mini cakes in plastic muffin cups, whatever you like! Top with frosting and devour.




This makes a great dessert option! Or breakfast. Or lunch. Or midday snack. Or basically just whenever you want. It's literally melt in your mouth good. And the frosting! How perfect is this?! Protein powder and almond milk....perfectly healthy and also wonderfully protein packed, and so super easy to make. I put it on my pancakes this morning :) Definitely check out Shannan's Instagram and try out some of her awesome dessert recipes! Also, if you've never had a Quest bar, get on that like, right now.

This cake, if you eat it in one serving, with the frosting, is about 65 grams of protein!! It also checks in at 532 calories. For me this is a treat I will only be able to have on days that I work out. Since that's 5/7 days a week that's fine by me! Try it out and let me know if you like it :) Or if you have any other healthy desserts I'd love to read them as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment