7/15/13

Chocolate Chip Cookies

Happy Monday morning! I hope everyone had a great weekend :) It was a good one here in Tucson, but every day feels like a Saturday. I know this is going to sound ridiculous but I am ready for school to START! I am a person that very much needs to be on a schedule and when I don't have one things get loopy. I feel disconnected and almost useless right now because I don't have much to do. However, I have made a few plans this week so hopefully I will stay somewhat busy in these last few weeks.

I've been kind of on a baking kick for Steven's work...the good thing about having so much time off is I have plenty of time to try out new recipes that I normally wouldn't be able to! Last week's adventure was chocolate chip cookies. I've tried a few "clean" cookie recipes, which have all turned out pretty good, but this one was the winner by far! This is the closest thing I've come to a normal chocolate chip cookie. Bring on the baking!!


Healthy Chocolate Chip Cookies
75 grams Oat Flour or Whole Wheat Flour

1 tablespoon Stevia
2 tablespoons Brown Sugar
¼ teaspoon Baking Soda
¼ teaspoon Salt
1 tablespoons Coconut Oil
2 tablespoons Almond Milk 
½ teaspoon Pure Vanilla Extract
3 tablespoons Cacao chocolate chips

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.  Line 1 baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone mat.  Set aside until needed. In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, brown sugar, baking soda, and salt.  Add the olive oil, almond milk, and vanilla; stir to combine. Using a cookie scoop, scoop tablespoons of dough into your hands and then shape the dough ball into
a flat disk, about ¼-inch thick.  Place the cookies on the prepared baking sheet.
Bake the cookies for 5 minutes and then, using a flat spatula, press down the cookies to flatten
them.  Bake for another 2 minutes and then remove from the oven.
Allow the cookies cool on the baking sheet until warm or at room temperature.  Serve and enjoy!

Original recipe from Krissy's Creations






Nom nom nom!

I finally decided to take the plunge (money wise) and sign up for classes to get my nutritionist certification! I'm seriously so excited. Right now it's more for personal growth...it's something I'm really interested in and I just want the knowledge; however, I fully expect to expand my career options in the future and put this to use somehow. I'm not ready to leave teaching but maybe do something on the side? The possibilities are endless.


After I signed up I put this up on Fbook and had a friend suggest I look into getting NASM or NESTA certified. I have looked into both of those certifications before and am overwhelmed and confused by the options. From what I can tell these two are more focused on personal training certification and while I would love to get that certification at some point, right now I am more focused on nutrition. However, if one of these could get me both in on class/certification I think that would be more beneficial than going through a university. Does anyone have experience or info on this topic? I would love some suggestions. Right now my plan is to go to Phoenix tomorrow (have to make a stop at the Dept. of Education of AZ...ughhhhh) and then stop by the NASM office in Phoenix to talk to a representative and have some things explained to me!

Side note: thanks to a lovely post by A Fit Fashionista early this morning I saw that Pacsun has a 50% off sale and Ebates has 6.5% cash back through Pacsun. I went to check it out and guess what I scored!!


A Beach Babe tank!! How perfect is this, TIU girls?!?! And it was only $9 plus I get 6.5% cash back. A perfect Tone It Up tank for a beach babe :)

Second Side Note: I am officially signed up on Bloglovin. Click here to follow me, or follow me through Google+ on the right hand side of my home page :)


Does anyone have a good  healthy chocolate chip recipe?? Any suggestions on certifications? Enjoy your Monday!

4 comments:

  1. cookies look so yummy!!!Would you like to follow each other on bloglovin' ? xoxo
    gleamingspire.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it, do you want to follow each other?

    Nice blog between, i really like it :)

    Here are my pages:
    http://fashiongetsfierceblog.blogspot.pt/
    http://www.facebook.com/fashiongetsfiercee

    ReplyDelete