7/11/13

BLT Salad

Oh, hi, I'm just a beautiful little BLT salad here to fill your tummy and rock your WORLD.

Seriously I love salads....LOVE. I haven't been eating many at all this summer because from February-May my lunch almost every single day was a salad. Since I'm home all day during the summer I've been taking the opportunity to actually make things instead of throwing everything in the fridge on lettuce. Don't get me wrong I love those types of salad beasts, but I've been enjoying spending more time in the kitchen creating things.

However. This salad just....spoke to me. What it said was, "Paige...eat me! I'm delicious! I have bacon on me!!! And lime dressing!!!" and I responded, "DONE."

This was inspired by the ranch bacon sandwich my boyfriend got at McDonald's the other night, and a wrap I had at the TIU meet up on Sunday. 


BLT Salad
3 cups chopped romaine
1 Roma tomato
1/4 cup frozen corn
1/8 cup feta cheese
1 piece turkey bacon
1/2 lime- squeezed juice
1/2 tbsp EVOO
Salt and pepper
(I also was planning on adding 1/4-1/2 chopped avacado but I forgot to grab one at the store. I highly suggest using this though!)

Chop salad to size desired. Add all ingredients except feta and avacado. Mix well with lime juice and EVOO. Fold in avacado and feta. Enjoy :)


Haven't used the juicer in about a week so it was time to bust it back out! 
1 apple + 8 carrots (they were the regular carrots, not little baby carrots, but they weren't terribly big.)


I got this dress on Modcloth (obviously)...the Kitty Chronicles....has actual articles about cats on it. Hilarious.

Happy Thursday!! The weekend is almost here!

2 comments:

  1. THAT.LOOKS.DEE.LISH! Thanks for the recipe! And that dress is presh, girl. I <3 modcloth so hard.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I've made a ton of salads in my day and this is definitely right at the top. Haha thanks about the dress....I'm so obsessed with Modcloth it's disgusting! They should probably pay me to promote them :)

      Delete