6/30/13

Healthy Guacamole

Fun fact 1: I'd never tried an avocado until 2009 when I visited Tucson for the very first time ever. They are now one of my top 5 favorite things to eat!
Fun fact 2: The second time I visited Steven in Tucson we went to get stuff for a pool party and I tried to buy premade guacamole at the store. That, apparently, is a big no-no here....guac is homemade at all times!!

Steven likes to put Miracle Whip in his guacamole and it makes it taste delicious and tangy! However, for obvious reasons I try to stay away from the mayo in the guac. Luckily, there is another ingredient that adds the same taste........................ Greek yogurt! 

Greek yogurt is awesome for so many reasons. It's so good for you and is a terrific source of protein. However, I never eat it by itself because it tastes exactly like sour cream...yuck. If i do just eat yogurt I put Truvia and a little almond butter in it. And one of my favorite ways to use Greek yogurt is in guacamole. 

Tucson Approved Guacamole
3 avocados
1 tbs Greek yogurt
1-2 chopped Roma tomatoes
1 clove garlic
Salt and pepper

No comments:

Post a Comment