- AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH chocolate! Yes. I made more dessert for Steven to take to the office. He's been pretty spoiled the last few weeks :) These cupcakes aren't clean but are healthy and delicious!
Ingredients1 cup nonfat/low fat/nondairy milk1 egg, large1/2 cup all-purpose flour1/2 cup whole wheat flour1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder3/4 teaspoon baking soda1/2 teaspoon baking powder3/4 cup light brown sugar, packed1/2 cup unsweetened apple sauce1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350F and line a cupcake pan with cupcake liners. Then, lightly spray with non-stick cooking spray and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine dry ingredients. Whisk. In a medium size bowl, combine wet ingredients. Mix.
- Gradually add wet ingredients to dry, combining with a mixer or wooden spoon, until all lumps are gone.
- Fill each cupcake about 3/4 of the way with the batter. Makes 12.
- Bake for 18 minutes or until set. Test cupcake with a toothpick (it shouldn't have anything on it). Let cool completely before applying the frosting. I suggest at least 30 minutes!
Ingredients for Frosting
6-ounce less fat cream cheese, room temperature (I used 4 oz Laughing Cow cheese and 2 oz fat free cream cheese)
1/2 cup non fat greek yogurt
1/2 cup Stevia, packed
1 tbsp vanilla extract
Instructions for Icing
- In a large bowl, using a hand held mixer, combine cream cheese, sour cream, and confectioner sugar. Mix until there are no lumps.
- Let sit in the refrigerator for about an hour.
- Once completely chilled, transfer to a piping bag and pipe frosting onto cooled cupcakes. Place a fresh raspberry on top for garnish.