The last two weeks have been Casserole Time! I've been trying to find bulk food to make for Steven to pack for lunches at work so that he doesn't have to go out to eat every day. I've tried to do this before but it's more difficult when I'm working. However, with all of my free time, I've been keeping myself busy by staying in the kitchen! (where a woman should be, right....?) I love to cook, and especially bake, so it's been kind of nice to not feel too tired to putter around and make some new meals. These recipes are not clean, but are still healthy and delicious.
- 3 turkey bacon strips
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup celery, sliced thinly
- 4 ounces can sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1 cup fat free sour cream
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 10 3/4 ounces can condensed reduced sodium cream of celery soup, undiluted
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 4 cups diced cooked chicken
- 1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1 cup reduced fat cheddar cheese, shredded
- Paprika, to taste
- 6 tablespoons skim milk plus 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1. In a large skillet, cook turkey bacon. Crumble and set aside.
- 2. Saute celery and mushrooms in bacon drippings until tender.
- 3. Add soup, sour cream, salt, pepper, Worcestershire sauce, chicken and turkey bacon. Mix well.
- 4. Spread into a greased 13 x 9 x 2-inch baking dish.5. Bake at 350 degrees F for 25 minutes.6. Meanwhile, to make the topping, combine flour, baking powder, soda and salt.7. Add cheese and parsley. Blend in oil and buttermilk to moisten mixture.8. Sprinkle toppings on the casserole. Put in oven and bake for 20-25 more minutes.
Parsley to taste
Spinach and Artichoke Casserole
Preheat oven to 375. Cook the pasta one minute shy of the package instructions, then toss it with olive oil or nonstick spray and set it aside.
In a large nonstick skillet, over a medium high heat, add the chicken, with a tablespoon of oil and salt and pepper to taste then sauté for about 5 minutes, or until the chicken just starts to brown on all sides then push the chicken to one side of the pan.
Add the spinach and garlic to the empty space in the pan and sauté for 2 minutes. If the pan gets too dry, add a few tablespoons of water as needed.
Add the artichokes and stir to combine, then add the milk, cheddar, cream cheese, mayo, and Greek yogurt and stir allowing the cheeses to melt and blend together. Simmer slowly for 2 minutes, then stir in the cooked pasta and simmer for another minute to blend all the ingredients.