5/3/13

Sweet Potato Fries

I've been craving fries BADLY for awhile now. Not just any fries. McDonalds fries. Sooo greasy and salty and delicious! There's a McDonalds about a mile from my house so it's doubly hard to ignore the temptation. Alas, my "bikini series" diet will not allow such garbage. So....sweet potato fries it is! For this recipe I baked them, which is what I normally do, but I just found a recipe the other day that "fried" the potatos in coconut oil in a pan. I'm looking forward to trying that next week to get that true crispiness that comes with french fries :)

Sweet Potato Fries
1 large sweet potato
2 tbsp olive oil
garlic seasoning
pepper

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees
2. Cut up sweet potato in strips.
3. Coat the sweet potato strips with the olive oil and seasonings
4. Spread out on a foil lined pan
5. Bake for 25-30 minutes

I ate mine with "ranch"= greek yogurt+ranch seasoning packet+water





No comments:

Post a Comment