5/30/13

Skinny Snickerdoodles

Well now that I'm home alone for two months during summer break I've realized that I need some serious hobbies....I'm bored already! Today I spent almost the whole day in the kitchen. I wanted to make something sweet for Steven to take to work, so I looked around for some healthier cookies. These aren't clean but have some great swaps that make them MUCH more waistline friendly! I got the original recipe from Eat Yourself Skinny and altered it. 

Skinny Snickerdoodles
Ingredients
1/2 cup oat flour
1 cup whole wheat flour
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/2 cup Stevia
1/4 cup butter, softened
1 Tbsp olive oil
2 tsp. vanilla
1 large egg
3 Tbsp Stevia
2 tsp. ground cinnamon
Cooking spray

Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.  Lightly spoon flour into a dry measuring cup; level with a knife.  Combine flour, baking soda, stirring with a whisk.

Combine sugar and butter (melted in the microwave) in a large bowl, and blend.  Add the olive oil, vanilla and egg; mix well.  Gradually add the flour mixture to the sugar mixture, beating just until combined.  Cover and chill for 10 minutes.

Combine 3 Tbsp Stevia and cinnamon, stirring with a whisk.  With moist hands, shape dough into 1 inch balls.  Roll balls in sugar mixture.  Place balls 2 inches apart onto baking sheets coated with cooking spray.  Flatten balls with the bottom of a glass.  Bake at 375 degrees F for 5 minutes (cookies will be slightly soft).  Cool on baking sheets for 2 minutes.  Remove from pans; cool completely on wire racks.  
****************************************************

I think the next time I make these, if I make them for myself, I'll use oat flour only and definitely sub the butter for applesauce. However, knowing that these were for Steven I tried not to make them TOO healthy :)






Please excuse the old baking pan!



Told you I bought this shirt.....!!! Obsessed :)

No comments:

Post a Comment