5/7/13

Kale Chips, Mocha Balls 2.0, and TIU Info

Most of you don't know this, but I am a member of Tone It Up, the most amazing health and fitness community out there! My trainers are two beautiful girls, Karena and Katrina, who live in SoCal and run their TIU business. They have a blog where they update delicious clean recipes daily as well as workouts. They also have challenges often (right now they are in the middle of running the Bikini Series Challenge), and are sponsored by and involved in many different products and lines like Oakley, Shape magazine, Lauren Conrad, and Perfect Fit Protein (which they created). Anyway they're awesome and I really recommend checking out their website. They also have a meal plan that you can purchase that will introduce you to clean eating and how to create a healthy lifestyle.

The reason I'm takling about TIU is because I recently was lucky enough to meet some girls through the Arizona TIU Facebook group who have been my support lately. About 9 people are in our S.U.P.P.O.R.T. group and daily we check in by posting pictures and stats of our food and workouts. It's awesome because when I'm feeling unmotivated I know I can check in on the ladies and seeing everything they've done today always gets me off my butt and moving!

The other day I saw one of the girls put up a picture of kale chips. I've been wanting to try these lately but wasn't sure that I would like them and didn't want to waste the materials needed for them. However, I've seen them around so much that seeing Melissa put the picture up was like the final poke...just try them! They were super easy to make and are a nice snack.


I spread out baby kale on a foil lined baking sheet. Olive oil, pepper, salt, and garlic seasoning was drizzled on top. Preheat the oven to 350.



While those were cooking I made some guacamole! Look at those beautiful bright colors. Avacado, tomato, garlic, salt and pepper. Yum!

I baked them in the oven for 10 minutes and that was plenty. I like the taste of them but they are super thin and flaky, which I guess is how they are supposed to turn out. They won't count as a whole meal for me but definitely as part of a meal/a snack. I will definitely be trying these again with actual stalk kale instead of the baby kale leaves.

I also made a new batch of the mocha balls because I loved them so much! I used actual oat flour this time instead of blending my oats. I also used 1 and 1/4 cup instead of 1 cup of oats, to try to make them hold shape a little better. This definitely worked. They have a very cookie-doughish texture now which I like. But for some reason they tasted very different than the last batch. Not bad, just different. So I think next time I will use the ground oats again and use more than 1 cup and see how they turn out then!

No comments:

Post a Comment