5/21/13

Jamie Eason's Turkey Muffins, Pineapple Salsa, and The Great Gatsby

I'm on week 3 of James Wilson's Body Earned and I'm loving it! One thing I'm really working on right now is building muscle and leaning out, so I'm keeping track of EVERYTHING I eat on My Fitness Pal. I didn't realize how much sugar I eat on a daily basis! And it's literally all from fruit :( So I'm trying to up the carb and protein and cut out most fruit, which sucks, but I'm one week into no fruit (except 1/4 cup blueberries in my oats in the mornings) and I can already tell a difference. I didn't ever think I was bloated but all of that natural sugar really was affecting my stomach. The other killer was Larabars...17 grams of sugar in one bar
:( No bueno for right now. Anywhoo....made another batch of turkey muffins last night to get my mid morning protein in. (Yes this is the picture from my header...I forgot to take pictures last night!) This recipe is from Jamie Eason, slightly altered to fit my needs. If you want to watch her video of making the muffins go right ahead...definitely more entertaining than reading this :)

Preheat oven to 375. Add all ingredients together and form into balls. Spray a muffin pan with cooking spray and put one ball in each muffin opening. Bake for 40 minutes.

I also made this amazing pineapple salsa a couple of weeks ago before I cut back on fruit. YUM. Honestly, it tastes best with lime chips because, well, everything tastes best with lime chips, but for a healthier option, you can dip cut up bell peppers :)

Pineapple Salsa
2 small tomatos (or 1 large)
About 1 cup diced fresh pineapple
Sprigs of fresh cilantro
Salt
Pepper
Pulse all ingredients in blender.
Let's all just take a moment to reflect on how absolutely amazingly perfect The Great Gatsby was...............................................................................................................
Yeah....me too. Um. I'm obsessed! I've seen it twice and am now trying desperately to find a bootleg copy of it somwhere so that I don't have to spend another $10 to see it in the theater again. Leo=amazing. Gorgeous. Humble. Endearing. Obsessive. Confused. He was just....Gatsby. Perfect. I've seen lots of reviews and they seem mixed but I don't know how they possibly could be! It was fantastic. And personally I LOVED the soundtrack. OK I'm done. I may or may not have bought a tank top with the last picture's quote on it....




No comments:

Post a Comment