5/29/13

Berry French Toast in a Mug

Who doesn't love breakfast food for dinner? Who doesn't love HEALTHY breakfast food for dinner? :) um probably no one. I got this recipe from Fit Foodie Finds and altered it to fit me. Also, I was about halfway through eating the single serving french toast when I realized I had forgotten to put my almond butter and extra berries on top! So I ate it plain, which was delicious, but you can also top it with maple syrup, any type of nut butter or agave/honey :)


Berry French Toast In a Mug

Ingredients

2 slices of 100% whole wheat bread 

2 eggs, large

1/4 cup vanilla almond milk

1/2 teaspoon vanilla

1/4 teaspoon cinnamon

1/3 cup berries

Toppings: peanut butter and sliced almonds

Directions

  1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees and spray a mug with non-stick cooking spray.
  2. First, slice bread into 1-inch squares. Then, evenly spread bread and berries into mug.
  3. Next, whisk 2 eggs, milk, vanilla, and cinnamon together in a small bowl. Then, pour on top of bread. Use your fingers to submerge bread into egg mixture.
  4. Bake for 25-30 minutes at 375 degrees.
  5. Serve hot with toppings of choice.




No comments:

Post a Comment