Who doesn't love breakfast food for dinner? Who doesn't love HEALTHY breakfast food for dinner? :) um probably no one. I got this recipe from Fit Foodie Finds and altered it to fit me. Also, I was about halfway through eating the single serving french toast when I realized I had forgotten to put my almond butter and extra berries on top! So I ate it plain, which was delicious, but you can also top it with maple syrup, any type of nut butter or agave/honey :)
Berry French Toast In a Mug
2 slices of 100% whole wheat bread
2 eggs, large
1/4 cup vanilla almond milk
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
1/3 cup berries
Toppings: peanut butter and sliced almonds
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees and spray a mug with non-stick cooking spray.
- First, slice bread into 1-inch squares. Then, evenly spread bread and berries into mug.
- Next, whisk 2 eggs, milk, vanilla, and cinnamon together in a small bowl. Then, pour on top of bread. Use your fingers to submerge bread into egg mixture.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes at 375 degrees.
- Serve hot with toppings of choice.