3/29/13

Slow Cooker Meatloaf

Crock Pot Meat Loaf

    1 large egg, beaten
    1 tablespoon skim milk
      1tablespoon Dijon mustard
    1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
    1 slice whole-grain bread

    1 tablespoon tomato paste
    1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
    1/4 teaspoon black pepper
    1 pound ground turkey

    Sauce
    1 tablespoon brown sugar
    1 teaspoon no salt added tomato paste



Combine the egg, milk, mustard, and Worcestershire sauce in a large mixing bowl. Tear or chop the bread into small cubes, add to the egg mixture and soak for about 5 minutes. 
Add the remaining meatloaf ingredients and combine, using a fork.

Coat an 8-inch round glass or metal baking dish with nonstick spray (I used a loaf pan). Transfer the meat to the dish and form into a meatloaf shape. Pour 1/2 cup water into the slow cooker liner to create a water bath for the baking dish. Set on low and cover. Cook for 6-8 hours.

Using an oven mitt, pull out the pan and drain the excess fat from the meat. Brush the sauce on and cook for the last hour.





So it turned out DELICIOUS. Seriously so so good. It wasn't as tall as I was anticipating, so adding 1/2 lb more of turkey would probably solve that. However, it didn't really matter because the taste was so delicious. 

I also steamed some brussel sprouts and tossed them in olive oil, parmesan (the cap fell off and I got way too much, which is why my sprouts looked covered in cheese), and lemon juice.


And a little morning yoga :) I am definitely a beginner but I need to start incorporating yoga into my workouts to help with my flexibility, stretching, and balance. It might seem a little goofy that I took pictures of myself but I have been doing that a lot lately. It has saved me in terms of checking out my form. I'll post the links below of the workout flows I did. I went through the first sequence 4 times; 2 times on each side, and the second sequence 12 times; 6 on each side. It was HARD. After the first round I looked at the pictures and saw that my form was WAY off. I went back and corrected my body and it looked much better for the rest of my workout. Definitely beginner moves but I was sweating hard and my muscles felt all loosey-goosey after so it was a great workout.


1 comment:

  1. Considerably, the post is actually the best on this laudable topic. I fit in with your conclusions and will eagerly look forward to your upcoming updates. Just saying thanks will not just be enough, for the tremendous lucidity in your writing. I will right away grab your rss feed to stay informed of any updates. Good work and much success in your business enterprize!



    No Addiction | Aire Bra | Sandhi Sudha | Fair Look | Body Buildo Powder
    Slim Pro | Step Up Height | Hair Building Fiber | Sandhi Sudha Plus

    ReplyDelete