3/12/13

Savory Pumpkin Sauce

I was kind of at a loss as to what to make for dinner last night. I started browsing some of my favorite food blogs for inspiration and finally saw something that looked appealing .Best of all, it was a new recipe! I've never even though of using pumpkin as a base for a sauce but it definitely makes sense. And since I don't eat pasta, it was nice that I had just bought a spaghetti squash the night before.

Pumpkin Sauce Ingredients

1/2 cup pumpkin puree
1/4 cup vegetable broth
1/3 cup unsweetened almond milk
1 clove garlic
1 pinch Stevia
3 tbsp EVOO
Hefty shakes of sage and thyme


Combine all on stove and heat on low until well mixed.


Put atop your choice of pasta or pasta substitute with a sprinkle of parmesan. I paired mine with a Caesar salad...I seriously can't get enough of that dressing it's so yummy. I had this same meal for lunch again today.

No comments:

Post a Comment