3/11/13

Quick Meals From Last Week

Last week was the week of quick eating...lots of grading to do, updating gradebook stuff and working on meal plans for my parents. I did a lot of prep at the beginning of the week (cutting up peppers, making my protein bars, bagging up my fruit) and just kind of grabbed stuff on the go. I was also waiting for my payday to make a trip to the grocery store.

I used to hate going to the grocery store but since I started cooking more and more it has become pretty fun. I am also going to go to Whole Foods tomorrow after work to pick up goat gouda cheese and flaxseed meal and I'm SO EXCITED...seriously Whole Foods is the most fun adventure on earth because all of the amazing things I want to cook with Fry's doesn't carry..but Whole Foods is like my mecca and carries EVERYTHING. So I'm going because I need two specific things but I have no doubt I will leave two hours later with $200 worth of food....even though I just went to Fry's last night. I don't like the 45 minute drive so I don't do it often but when I do it's always worth it.

Anyway on to the quick stuff I did last week.
Pepper pasta with sauce from last week's spaghetti squash meal. Aaaaand delicious little brussel sprouts that were cut in half, steamed in the microwave for 4 minutes and sauteed on the stove in olive oil, lemon juice, and a few spices....I think Mrs. Dash garlic and herb and Caribbean Citrus blend.


Orange marmalade salmon. Mix 3 tbsp orange marmalade, 1 tbsp dijon mustard and a little olive oil. Spread on salmon. Bake in oven at 375 for 12 minutes.

I know my plates always look really messy but the food is good!! Also taking iPhone pictures at nightime with our crappy lighting doesn't help.
And last night late Sunday dinner: grilled romaine hearts Caesar salad and orange marmalde salmon. Spray romaine hearts with olive oil spray and season with salt and pepper. Grill on low for about 8 minutes, turning the lettuce every 2-3 minutes.
I usually make my own Caesar dressing but I found this at Fry's yesterday and was so excited. It has almost the exact ingredients I use to make mine....there were two ingredients I didn't recognize on that nutrition label but in the interest of saving time I just went with it.


So. Good. Topped with Caesar dressing, a little fresh mozerella and whole wheat croutons.

No comments:

Post a Comment