3/4/13

Crockpot Ragu Chicken

Well it's official...I'm obssessed with my crockpot. I've made three meals in it and each one has been awesome. How do I know they were awesome? During each meal my boyfriend asked me if I was going to make this one again soon. He even had some helpful tips on spicing them up a little. If Steven is becoming invested in meals I know I did a good job! Or my crockpot did, at least.

I made this meal last week. Next time I think I will, at Steven's request, cook pasta on the side so he can spoon the chicken and sauce mixture on top. But for me what I put in the pot was great. This week I am planning on making a turkey meatloaf in the crockpot and also a honey-sesame chicken meal, so I'll put those recipes up later this week.

Ingredients
1 jar of sauce
2 tbsp minced garlic
Onion powder (We use this a lot because neither of us likes actual onions)
Oregano
Thyme
Salt and pepper
4 Roma tomatoes, chopped
1 small zucchini
1 package sliced mushrooms

So I put the chicken in the bottom of the crockpot. Next I chopped up the four tomotoes and put them on top of the chicken. On top of the tomatoes goes the minced garlic. Then the jar of sauce. Next, the oregano, onion powder, thyme, and salt and pepper (I just did one or two shakes of each seasoning).

I chopped up the zucchini and put that on top. Covered and set on low for 10 hrs.

When I came home, the house smelled AMAZING....seriously I'm not joking it was incredible. I uncovered the crockpot and stirred the mixture around just a little bit. Then I put the mushrooms on top.

I covered the crockpot and let it cook for about another 30 minutes. Then it was finished and time to eat!

I put a little parmesean on top and it tasted great. Like I mentioned earlier, Steven suggsted cooking pasta when I get home next time and serving the chicken and sauce on top, which was a good idea. Since I don't like pasta I might saute some peppers or cook zucchini slices in the oven and serve mine on the veggies. Either way will work I think. OK now I have to go get ready for tomorrow's honey-sesame chicken in the crockpot. Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment