2/23/13

Crock Pot Pineapple Chicken

Well unfortunately I've been bedridden since Wednesday afternoon with bronchitis. I honestly think these have been the most miserable 3 days of my life! However, after going to the doctor yesterday and stocking up on meds I feel much better this morning.

Thursday morning, as I laid on the couch trying desperately to breathe, I realized that this would be a perfect time to try out my brand new crock pot, since there was no way I was going to stand at a counter and cook dinner for an hour. So! Pineapple chicken, hello and thank you for being so incredibly easy to make and delicious too. 

Ingredients:

6 boneless, skinless chicken tenderloins (still frozen but by all means thaw them out first if you want)
1 jar of salsa
1 cup chopped pineapple
1 cup chopped zucchini

Put the chicken in the crock pot, and the salsa on top. I used a clean mango peach salsa from Fry's. Turn crock pot on and go! I set mine for 6 hours. 

When it's all finished pull out the chicken and mix with pineapple and zucchini. The chicken was so amazingly tender and pulled apart just like pulled pork. YUM!



Looks messy but trust me it turned out delicious :)

No comments:

Post a Comment