2/19/13

Buffalo Cauliflower Bites

So hands down one of my favorite restaurants is Buffalo Wild Wings. I mean let's think...breaded, fried chicken smothered in a variety of sauces and then (for me) covered in buttermilk ranch....heaven. Heaven. Heaven!

However, I haven't actually been to BWW in over a year and a half because, 1) It's way overpriced and 2) It's so unhealthy! I am all for indulging every now and then, but I really do feel that if I can create a healthy alternative to those comfort foods I don't really NEED to indulge. A perfect example of this is the clean chocolate cupcakes I made for Valentine's Day! It felt like I was indulging but I really wasn't, because they were packed with protein, Omega-3 and other healthy stuff so there wasn't a need to actually have any candy or cake or cupcakes. I got great taste with health benefits so really no need to indulge.

Enter: Buffalo Cauliflower Bites. A healthy, satisfying alternative to sipcy wings. Although I do have a great clean recipe for wings too :)


1 head of Cauliflower
3 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Pinch of Salt
1 tsp garlic powder (optional- I LOVE garlic and put it on pretty much everything)
2 Tbsp Buffalo Tabasco Sauce

Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Cut cauliflower into bite sized pieces. Mix in bowl (or plastic bag) with salt, olive oil, and garlic. Place on baking sheet and bake for 15 minutes. Remove from oven and place back in ziploc bag or bowl and cover with tobasco sauce. Mix until all pieces are covered. Serve with homemade ranch.

Ranch Sauce
1/4 cup greek yogurt
3 tbsp lemon juice
1 tsp garlic powder
sprinkle of salt and pepper
1 tbsp olive oil

Another easy way to make delicious, healthy ranch is to combine greek yogurt with a packet of ranch seasoning.

If you want more of a buttermilk flavor, feel free to add a little bit of regular milk. If either sauce if too thick, and you don't want to add milk, add a little water to thin it out to your desired consistency.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment