2/16/13

Oreo Cookie Pancakes

After having several people interested in recipes I have posted pictures of, I figured what better way to document and share the knowledge of food I am steadily accumulating than starting a blog! And even if no one reads this, at least I will have a catalog of my recipes to go to back to :) Over the last year I have discovered the benefits (nutritional and taste-wise) to eating "clean": essentially eating natural foods and avoiding anything processed. This means my diet consists of mostly lean meats (and other sources of protein), fruits, and veggies. I have developed an interest and love of trying to treat my body like the machine and temple that it is by fueling it with the best fuel possible!

Tonight I looked around my pantry and tried to think of a new, creative way to satisfy my sweet tooth. I am a huge fan of sweet things and luckily I have discovered that eating clean doesn't mean I can't indulge as well! After reviewing what I had on hand I realized I could probably concoct a decent healthy Oreo pancake creation, and so I did. I saw the idea on another blog, but that person had used about 12 different ingredients and most of them I didn't think I really NEEDED....I assumed I could altar the basic "egg and banana" pancake recipe, so that's what I did.

Recipe:

3 egg whites
1 mashed banana
sprinkle of chia seeds
sprinkle of flaxseed meal
1 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
1 tsp Stevia

Cream Cheese Frosting:

1 wedge light Laughing Cow Cream Cheese Spread
2 spoonfuls plain greek yogurt
1 cap vanilla extract
1 tsp Stevia

I am way lazy when it comes to measuring...I find it somewhat pointless to pull out a billion measuring cups and spoons when I'm pretty sure I can eyeball something and make it work, so bear with me.

I mixed the pancake mixture together:

While that mixture cooked on the stovetop, I mixed the frosting in a separate bowl. When the pancakes were finished, I stacked them with frosting in between, and a little frosting on top and voila! Oreo Cookie Pancakes!!

















Pretty delicious. While eating I realized 3 out of my 5 meals today were sweet and included Stevia.....not ideal but I figure tomorrow I will make up for it with lots of veggies for most of my meals!




Note: I am not a registered dietitian, nurse, or nutritionist; just a lover of healthy foods :)

1 comment:

  1. This looks delicious! My favorite flavor of anything is cookies and cream! Will definitely be making this soon!

    ReplyDelete